The Science Behind ASEA Products
In 2009, ASEA patented a colorless, consumable liquid that contained highly reactive chlorine and oxygen species including HOCI, OCI-, CI-, Cl2, and O3 that were found effective against Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Legionella pneumophila, and Candida albicans.
If you’re like many people, this type of jargon probably sounds foreign to you. “What does it even mean?” you might be asking. Well, let’s find out!
In this article, we will take a detailed look into the science behind ASEA’s patented products and discuss this science in terms that actually make sense to the average reader.
Redox Signaling Molecules: The Heavyweights of Good Health
ASEA was founded on special technology that replenishes the body with things called redox signaling molecules that help improve cell functioning for optimal health and wellness. Here’s the breakdown of redox signaling molecules:
There are 37.2 trillion cells in your body. Along with molecules like proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates, inside each cell also lives thousands of mitochondria that produce the fuel your body needs to stay functioning and healthy. Mitochondria also coordinate the actions and activities of your cells, which is a vital role in cell-to-cell signaling. This communication is key for sustaining life and maintaining good health because it helps spur things like cell development, tissue repair and proper immune functions. These thousands of mitochondria make trillions of special molecules called redox signaling molecules. Not only do redox signaling molecules help replace damaged cells, but they are also essential for protecting your cells against threats and damages.
The body’s ability to make redox signaling molecules diminishes as we age, which means it takes longer for things like bruises, breaks, and scrapes to heal. This lack of redox signaling molecules also means the body is more prone to illness and disease. Older cells simply don’t communicate as well as young cells do which means your body isn’t making as many redox signaling molecules as it used to. ASEA, however, has developed topical and consumable products that supplement your body with the additional redox signaling molecules it needs to maintain health and youthfulness.
The Science Of ASEA Products
Along with redox signaling molecules, ASEA’s patented products contain various chlorine and oxygen species that react either on the skin or within the body to fortify cell production. These elements include:
- Hypochlorous acid, or HCIO, is present in products like RENU 28 and RENU Advanced Intensive Redox Serum. In these products, HCIO acts as a skin cleansing agent and, rather than drying-out the skin, it offers benefits like disinfection and moisturization.
- Hypochlorite, or CIO-, is an molecule composed to chlorine and oxygen that offers similar benefits as HCIO like cleansing and oxidation.
- Chloride, or CI-, is an essential electrolyte that’s located in the body fluids that are responsible for maintaining cell balance, transmitting nerve impulses, and regulating fluid in and out of cells. The ASEA Redox Supplement contains chloride and is beneficial when replacing electrolytes after strenuous athletic activity or prolonged illness.
- Chlorine, or Cl2, is an extremely reactive element and strong oxidising agent that is commonly compounded with sodium to make sodium chloride, an element found in bodies of saltwater like the Great Salt Lake and the Dead Sea. When combined with water, sodium chloride offers numerous health benefits for the skin and body.
- Ozone, or O3, is a powerful oxidation molecule that can be used to detoxify the body and defend cells and organs against foreign threats and damages.
With various health and wellness products already in circulation, ASEA is continuing to conduct scientific research to refine these inventions and create additional solutions for optimal cell functioning. Some ongoing studies include:
- ASEA Redox Supplement Human Consumption Safety Study by researchers at Appalachian State University.
- Scientific Validation of ASEA Redox Supplement Study commissioned by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Scientific Validation of ASEA RENU Advanced Skin Care research assessment conducted by Stephens Associates